Well hello there!! So remember how the hubs and I moved to Denver? Oh yeah, right! Here’s what is screwy about my life right now. So when you live in Southern California, there are really no seasons. So when we decided to move to Denver, one of the things I was most excited about was getting to experience these things you call seasons. Buuuuutttt, we purposely moved in the summer so we (ha! I really) would get a chance to acclimate before winter hit. Because you know, I’m a big baby, and probably will not handle such things well, even though I am very excited for the idea of it. Anyways, we get to Denver on a Friday, in May. And what does it do Saturday?
It mother effing snowed. In May. And then it rained for literally 2 weeks straight (heard anything about the California drought, yeah, of course you have!) So while I was super excited for some seasons, I just didn’t realize I’d experience them, like ALL AT ONCE!
Winter in California is like summer, summer in Denver is like winter! Geez!
That’s my little sis right there! Say hi little sis!Ok enough of the snow, you guys get it. Ok that was the last one I swear!
Today however was very bright and sunny and all kinds of summer like. And a perfect time for this recipe which is simple and light and fresh and all things delicious!
And did I mention it’s topped with a very creamy, very feta garlicky greek yogurt sauce? Oh yes, summer here we come!
- 2 medium zucchinis, grated
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced or grated (super easy of you have a food processor)
- ½ large carrot or 4-5 baby carrots, grated
- 2 eggs
- ¼ breadcrumbs (I prefer panko)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- In a bowl combine all ingredients, I use my hands to combine thoroughly and form patties. You should get 8, 3 inch patties, or 2 large (veggie burger size) patties
- Spray a saute pan with olive oil spray
- Cook patties on medium heat, carfelly flipping after about 3 minutes. Cook another 3 minutes until golden brown ad egg is cooked
- Tip: Only flip once or you run the risk of patties falling a part, until the egg cooks and sets, they are delicate
As a side dish- 2 patties has 67 calories
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt sauce
- 2 Tbls light feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ tsp dried or fresh dill
- Combine ingredients in a bowl
And while we’re on the topic of summer, you know what would go great with these fritters? Pour yourself one of these! mmm hmmm