Hello November! November and May have always been my favorite months. May, not sure why, but as long as I can remember I knew I always wanted to get married in May. Maybe because it’s the beginning of summer? Maybe because it sounds pretty? No idea. But married in May I did.
As far as November, now that is perfectly clear, my two favorite holidays. My birthday! and Thanksgiving! Yayyy!
If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, maybe since last Thanksgiving, you probably remember that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of all the holidays. Yes even Christmas. I know, I know.
So in honor of November and my favorite holiday, I have 2 gifts for you!
- Your very first, and my very favorite, Thanksgiving recipe! Stuffing! Or dressing? What do you call it?
- The Foodie’s Diet Guide to an 1800 calorie Thanksgiving Day Plan. Phew! That was a mouthful! The plan is similar to last years, just laid out in a very handy dandy ebook format, with everything all in one place. If you’re new here, we did the guide over the course of about a week. What is new are some new fun recipes, including this stuffing recipe, a really yummy turkey butter, and more! For subscribers, you will be receiving this plan in an email FREE on November 12th. If you are not currently a subscriber, from now until November 12th, you can click here to sign up and the guide will be sent to you!
- 6 cups bread- cubed and left to stale at least overnight
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Tbls thyme, fresh or dried
- 1 Tbls sage, fresh or dried
- 2 cups chicken stock, half a carton
- ¼ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a large saute pan, melt butter
- Cook herbs, celery and onions until just starting to brown.
- Toss in bread cubes and stir thoroughly
- Stir in chicken stock, and combine thoroughly
- Add to a baking dish and bake for about 1 hour, top should be nicely brown and crispy.
So let’s take a poll, what do you call it, stuffing or dressing?