Am I always behind the times? I feel like it. I discovered this recipe on Pinterest from Emily Bites Blog, have you seen her recipes, oh they’re fantastic!! She is so creative! So I’m telling my sister I made sort of a similar recipe to one I found on her site. And she’s giving me this look. You know the “duh” look. And she says Amy, I have seen those won ton cup recipes everywhere. Oh. Oops! Well, you guys, if they are everywhere, there’s a reason, because they are dang good. And super low in calories.
First, I made nacho cheese, because, well, do you need an excuse to make nacho cheese? Perhaps I wanted an excuse to taste test some nacho cheese recipes. Perhaps.
So the bottom of these cups are first filled with nacho cheese that oozes out when you cut it open. Oozing nacho cheese? Yes please! And even with all the oozing cheese, these cups are still only 185 calories for 2. Seriously! I am a won ton cup fan people! So whether you have seen them everrrry where like my sister claims or this is the first time, you should definitely give these a try because they are also incredibly easy. Ready, set go cheese!
See the ooze? mmmmm
- ½ cup cream sauce series
- ½ cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small can chopped jalapenos
- a few dashes hot sauce, to taste
- Heat cream sauce in a pan over medium heat
- Once warm stir in shredded cheese and jalapenos
- Add hot sauce to taste
Now that we’ve made the cheese. And you’ve eaten the whole recipe. And then you’ve made it again. Oh, was that just me? Oops. We move on to the taco cups.
- ½ cup nacho cheese
- 16 won ton wrappers
- ½ pound ground turkey
- 2 Tbls tomato paste
- 1 Tbls chili powder
- ½ tsp each cumin, salt, pepper
- Optional taco toppings, we like sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes and onions
- Prepare nacho cheese according to recipe above
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a saute pan cook ground turkey
- Add tomato paste and seasoning to ground turkey, stir until combined
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray
- Start with half the won ton wrappers (8)
- Push one wrapper in the bottom of 8 muffin cups
- Spoon about 1 Tbls of nacho cheese into each cup
- Layer second won ton wrapper over nacho cheese.
- Spoon about 2 Tbls of ground turkey mix into each cup
- Place in oven and bake for approx 20-25 minutes.
- Top with toppings.
So tell me, am I really the last one? Have you tried these won ton cups?