So I don’t know if it’s just me, but when I wake up in the morning, I am usually instantly hungry? Is this common? Am I just crazy? Highly possible, but we don’t need to talk about that right now.
So lately, I’ve been making a lot of smoothies for breakfast, it has been my go to really. They’re really quick, super healthy, and I can drink them on my way to work.
We’ve talked about my work a little bit, I’m the catering manager at a University. I am SURROUNDED by food literally all day. As soon as I walk in the door in the morning, the smell of eggs, bacon, and crispy hash browns, tater tots really, hits my nose. All of this food is nearly impossible to resist, especially when my stomach has been growling since I woke up!
So one of my strategies is to have breakfast before getting to work. But who the heck has time to cook a full breakfast before running out the door? Well a smoothie for me is perfect! It’s super filling, and oh so yummy!!
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Green Apple
- 1 Handful Spinach
- 1 Cup Almond Milk- I used regular unsweetened
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds
- 1 Tbls Sugar free Caramel Syrup
- Pinch of Salt- I used about ¼ tsp ( I really like my SALTED caramel!)
- Add ingredients to blend, along with a few ice cubes. Blend, add more caramel syrup and/or salt to taste.