Ok Ladies, before you read this recipe, please be warned. Do not leave me comments, telling me you’re mad at me, because I told you so. I gave you fair warning.
These are the best potatoes you will ever have.
They are delicious. They are creamy. They are garlic-y. They are crunchy. They are amazing.
They will also give you a problem. Your husband, significant other, whoever you make these for, will never leave you alone again. Ever. They will never let you not make these.
This is my husband, cute right?
One time I made these potatoes. The idea came to me one day when we were dating. He’s a total meat and potatoes kind of guy, so I always used to make him roasted potatoes. Except I don’t really love roasted potatoes, I’m more of a mashed potatoes kind of girl. (For those of you that have been reading this blog awhile, this probably doesn’t come as a shock, I mean hello, creamy mashed potatoes! Duh)
Moving on, so I really wanted mashed, so I thought, what if I roasted the potatoes, THEN mashed them! Say what?! And then, the idea was born, Roasted Mashed Potatoes. Awesome!
The problem? He does not leave me alone about these damn potatoes. Anytime I’m making a “nice” dinner. Anytime we have people over for dinner. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Arbor Day, you name it he wants Roasted Mashed Potatoes. I mean they’re delicious, but they do take a bit of time, they’re not a busy weeknight kind of potato.
So again, here’s your warning, these are the best potatoes you will ever have, but prepare yourself, you are now going to have to make them all. the. time! So please enjoy, and don’t say I didn’t warn you!
- 2 Large, 3 Medium or 4 Small Potatoes
- ¼ cup light Cream Cheese
- ⅓- 1/2 of a cup Fat Free Milk
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Salt
- Green Onions, chopped (optional, but delicious!)
- Cut potatoes in large chunks (you don’t want to cut too small because you need soft and fleshy in the center)
- Spray baking sheet and potatoes with some olive oil spray
- Roast Potatoes in oven at 425* for 45 minutes. Until nice and golden brown
- Meanwhile in a bowl, combine milk, cream cheese, green onions and spices
- When potatoes are done, add potatoes to bowl and mash with a potato masher
Makes 4 servings. Unless one person eating them is my husband, then you only get two servings, one normal size, one HUGE. Well and sometimes you get none! :)