Ok here’s my problem.
Ok, one of my problems. Who are we kidding?
I am a dipper. I have a dry food phobia. It’s almost worse than my bland food phobia, except more problematic for my wants of a tiny waist. Because I mean, no one dips in straight vinegar or calorie free dippy dip. That’s not really a thing. It probably should be, but it’s not as of yet.
I dip in ranch, and aioli (basically fancy mayo! Oops!) If you are a dipper like me, you may be smarter than me and dip in things like salsa and ketchup. But oh no, not this girl.
So here’s a goal, instead of fighting who you are. Me, someone who can not eat dry food! Chewing cardboard anyone? Try taking the things that you eat, your weaknesses, your trigger foods and remake them!
Today we’re starting with, one of mine. Ranch dressing. Mmmmm, I dip EVERYTHING in ranch dressing. Pizza, Fries, lettuce (I think we call that a salad), burgers, brownies, wait that’s gross, but you get the point, everything!!
- 1 Package Laugh Cow Spreadable Cheese Wedges, 8 individual wedges (see image below)
- 1 Package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix (see image below)
- 1 Cup Nonfat Milk
- Additional herbs and spices to taste, optional
- Remove individual cheese spread packets from foil wrappers
- In a blender or food processor add cheese spread and a dash of milk. Whirl away
- Slowly add rest of milk.
- Add Hidden Valley Ranch packet and additional herbs (if using). Mix until incorporated.
- I pour mine in a mason jar and let chill in the fridge for an hour to set up. Mixture will thicken as it sets.
- Recipe can be made without a blender or food processor. Just warm cheese spread in a bowl in the microwave for approx 15 seconds. Whisk in a small amount of milk at a time. Do not add all milk at once or it will be impossible to get the lumps out.
The whole batch of this dressing has 447 calories. I was telling my mom this and she went “woah!” that sounds like a lot! Oh how little she knew. Check this…