This recipe is part of the Foodie’s Diet 1800 calorie whole day Thanksgiving plan! You can find the menus for the appetizer and drinks, dinner and desserts menu! And more about the 1800 calories plan here and here.
First things first, you need to unroll your crescent rolls and cut into triangles, you should get 3 triangles per roll. There are 8 rolls in a can, so this will give you 24 pieces total.
- 1 package reduced fat crescent rolls- cut into triangles, 3 per roll
- 6 slices reduced fat white cheddar cheese- cut into 4 triangles per slice
- 6 slices proscuitto, cut into 4 pieces per slice
- 1 apple, finely diced
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 Tbls honey
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Cut each crescent roll into 3 triangles, arrange on cookie sheet and bake for 8-11 minutes
- As soon as puffs come out of oven, top with triangle of white cheddar cheese, to melt slightly.
- While triangle puffs bake, cut apple into small dices
- Saute apple in butter to warm and soften apples, approx 5 minutes
- Add honey to apple mixture and stir to incorporate and coat apples
- In a small bowl, combine salt and sage
- Once out of the oven, layer puffs with cheese, a slice of proscuitto, 1 tsp or so of apple mixture
- Just before service and once apples have reached room temperature, finish off with a lightly sprinkling of sage salt.