Well hey there! How is the week treating you so far? We have some friends from home flying into town today and I am so excited! Not only is it fun to show people the city we’re quickly growing to love, it also gives us a chance to explore and do fun new things we haven’t done yet! Can you tell I’m excited? Am I going crazy with the exclamation points again?
So remember last week when I made the Taco Salad Won Ton Cups with Nacho Cheese? Well, you guys, I’m on a kick! Because I’m back with another won ton cup recipe and I am excited about it. Check out my restraint with the exclamation point, you like that 😉 But seriously, I love meatball subs, but normally they are so high in calories! So this is a great alternative while still satisfying that need for warm melty cheese with meatballs and marinara. Ooey, gooey and so deliciously comforting!
So this recipe is a bit more calories than the last one, because for convenience, I used pre-made meatballs from Trader Joe’s. If you want to lower the calories you can use turkey meatballs or ground turkey. It is still however, pretty low in calories compared to a traditional meatball sub!
- 16 won ton wrappers
- 16 party size meatballs (about 1" in diameter)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup light mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray
- Using half of your won ton wrappers (8) push one into a each cup
- Fill each won ton cup with 1 Tbls of mozzarella cheese
- Layer a second won ton wrapper over the mozzarella cheese
- Cut meatballs in half and divide halves evenly between each cup
- Top each cup of meatballs with 2 Tbls of marinara sauce
- Top each cup with 1 Tbls of mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 20-25 minutes