Remember this recipe? The base of this recipe is the same!
Easy microwave chips
- 1 russet potato- peeled
- using a mandolin (or a very steady hand), thinly slice potato
- Line a plate with paper towels
- Line in a single layer potato slice on paper towel and sprinkle with salt
- Microwave for 3 minutes, checking crispiness, mine were perfect and golden brown!
Regular russet potatoes take significantly less time than sweet potatoes, so if you've made the sweet potato recipe, watch these more closely!
Serving size: 12 chips Calories: 85
Whipped Mashed Potatoes
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- salt and pepper
- cut potatoes in quarters
- add to a pot with water and bring to a boil
- reduce to medium heat and cook for about 20 minutes
- test with a sharp knife in the center of a potato for doneness, it should slide in and out very easily!
- drain potatoes and mash with a potato masher, or transfer to a stand mixer and combine with greek yogurt and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Mash and stir potatoes until fluffy.
Never never use a food processor or blender to mash potatoes, unless you miss eating paste from kindergarten!
To assemble, scoop a bit of mashed potato on to each chip. The calorie content of each chip is 24 calories. If you want to get really crazy, add a sprinkle of cheese and bacon! party!