Hello and welcome to Day 1 of the 12 days of a Foodie’s Christmas series! For 12 days I’ll be presenting you with recipes for easy gifts for everyone on your list! For the overview and the rest of the recipes you can visit here.
Today I present you, Infused Vodka.
Now infused vodka has been a trend for a while now, walk into any large liquor store and you’ll find aisles of it (Dear BevMo, I miss you!) Butttt, did you know how stinkin’ easy it is to make?! No, no you didn’t. Because if you did, you would never pay for the premium of infused vodkas again!
Here’s how it works
- Get a large clean glass container.
- Add fruit, herbs or mix-ins of your choice. The above is blueberries (obviously?)
- Cover and store in a dark container for several days to 2-3 weeks- Herbs need just a few days. Fruit needs 2-3 weeks. If you want to do a combo of fruit and herbs, just add the herbs in a few days before you’re ready
- Stir or gently shake every day or so
- After the time is up, strain your vodka and transfer to a serving/storage container. These bottles are pretty and great for gifting!
- Before I gift to someone, I usually add a few fresh blueberries or whatever fruit for a nicer presentation
- Any fruit
- Herbs for Bloody Mary Vodka- Dill, chilis, garlic
- Candy cane
- Apple cinnamon
See you tomorrow for Homemade Vanilla Extract! Fancy fancy