This recipe is part of the Foodie’s Diet 1800 calorie whole day Thanksgiving plan! You can find the menus for the appetizer and drinks, dinner and desserts menu! And more about the 1800 calories plan here and here.
You know when you go to a party and they have one of those big bread bowls filled with some sort of yummy creamy dip? And you get to take all the crusty bread and scoop up the dip? Then when the dip is gone you get to lick the bottom of the bowl? Wait, you don’t do that? Shoot, no wonder why I always get strange looks!
Anyways, this appetizer is like those big bowls, except not big. Small and mobile and all your own. So you can eat all the dip, then eat the entire dip soaked bowl. And you don’t have to share or worry about double, even triple dipping. And you can stuff your whole face into the bottom of your very own bread bowl and no one can look at you sideways.
- 1 can Pillsbury french bread loaf- cut into 12 pieces
- 1 package fat free cream cheese- softened
- ¼ cup 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- A few dashes of hot sauce- optional
- ¼ cup light feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Cut bread loaf into 12 pieces and form into small balls
- Arrange on baking sheet and bake for 22-28 minutes
- In a bowl toss garlic and artichokes with Olive Oil
- On a baking pan roast garlic and artichokes for 20 minutes or until nice and golden brown
- While bread, garlic and artichokes are in the oven, in a bowl combine softened cream cheese, greek yogurt, hot sauce and salt and pepper.
- Once baked, let bread cool on counter top.
- Once cooled cut top off bread bowls and hallow out center.
- To cream cheese mixture add garlic only and use a fork to mash into mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Chop artichokes to small pieces and add to cream cheese mixture, stir to incorporate.
- With a spoon, fill bread bowls with cream cheese mixture
- Top with a sprinkling of crumbled feta cheese
- Just before service return bread bowls to oven to warm cream cheese mixture, cook until bubbly. 10 minutes or so.
- Serve with bread bowl tops for dippers
This recipe for Individual bread bowls with roasted garlic and artichoke dip with feta was originally posted by A Foodie’s Diet for Me.