This recipe also happens to be insanely easy if you have your Greek Yogurt sauce already made. At this point, it’s assembling ingredients.
But first, I want to discuss bacon. How do you cook your bacon? In a pan. Yeah, that’s what I thought? Do you have a few splatter scars? Yeah, me too. Do you want to know the NEW way to cook bacon? Like the so 2014 way? Bake it! Here’s what you do. 3
400 degree oven. Bacon on a cookie sheet. Put in oven.
The only trick, is you gotta watch it. Because it can go from perfect to burned in about 1.4 seconds. 10-12 minutes is perfect. Usually I’ll set the timer for 9 minutes, then start checking every 45 seconds to a minute. It’s by far the easiest method I have found and it leave you free to work on other parts of your recipe. Not that with this recipe there’s a whole heck of a lot to work on. But it leaves your hands free to pour yourself a glass of champagne! 😉
- 2 heads broccoli- stems removed and discarded. so you're left with just the florets. Chopped into chunks.
- ½ Greek yogurt sauce
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion- about a quarter of an onion
- 2 ounces chopped low fat cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon- cooked and chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl mix together Greek yogurt sauce, onions and mustard. Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. I find you need a decent size bowl or even a ziploc bag to making combining (without making a mess!) easier! Personally tossing in a bag is my favorite method!
This recipe is EVEN better if allowed to sit for about an hour. The broccoli softens a bit and the onions mellow in flavor.