Thirsty Thursday, comin’ at ya!
So I had this crazy idea. This probably doesn’t shock you because it happens from time to time. Remember the savory whipped cream?! Man that stuff is good though, you should check it out of you haven’t!
Ok, so crazy idea, I was wondering if there was a way to make a fresh juice cocktail, without an actual juicer. I had some strawberries that were sort of starting to go. Which in the world of strawberries seems to happen in like 12.2 hours. You know?
I also love when cocktail have fresh juice, so I thought, ok, we can make this happen, right? Well apparently, right. You guys, it’s shockingly easy. No offense to the juicer companies, but I am keeping my money. Plus the clean up of this was soooooo much easier! Have you guys ever used and cleaned a juicer, yikes! That thing was a messy pain.
For this recipe, the only piece of equipment you need is a blender and one of these,
So simple! Now, go whip one of these up and have a happy Thirsty Thursday!
- 6-8 strawberries- fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbls warm water
- 1 Tbls sugar
- 6 oz or half can Soda/Seltzer/Sparkling Water
- 1 shot vodka or rum
- In a blender, add warm water and sugar, blend briefly to combine and dissolve sugar
- Add strawberries and blend until smooth
- Strain puree through a fine mesh strainer or sieve
- In a cocktail glass add ice, vodka or rum and strained puree
- Top with soda water
- If desired, garnish with lime wedge