This post for Flavored Butters is Day 6 of the 12 days of a Foodie’s Christmas series! For 12 days I’ll be presenting you with recipes for easy gifts for everyone on your list! For the overview and the rest of the recipes you can visit here.
Day 6! Half way there and all the closer to Christmas!
Who’s biting their nails because they’re
not quite finished haven’t started shopping yet? Me! eeek
I’ll be over here e-shopping and stress eating baguettes dipped in this-
So we’ve made compound butters on this little blog before, so it’s not new to you!
While this butter makes a great gift when wrapped with a cute ribbon and a hand lettered note. You should also make yourself some extra because it is great on so many things, like these;
- Popcorn, with the bacon salt! mmmm
- Over some fresh grilled fish
- Stirred into some warm pasta
- Smeared on some bread for a fabulous garlic bread
- Slathered on bread before you make your grilled cheese
- On top of a great steak
I hate calling this a recipe because it’s so dang easy, but I’ll give you one anyways. Here’s the gist
- 1 stick of butter- room temp
- zest of one lemon
- 10-12 roasted garlic cloves
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- If you have fresh garlic (not pre-roasted) peel cloves and place them an oven safe dish with a bit of olive oil and roast in a 305* oven for 20-30 minutes until golden brown
- In a food processor combine ingredients and process until mostly smooth, I like to leave little chunks of the garlic.
See you tomorrow! Any guesses on what’s next?! 😉