This post for Homemade Coffee Creamer is Day 10 of the 12 days of a Foodie’s Christmas series! For 12 days I’ll be presenting you with recipes for easy gifts for everyone on your list! For the overview and the rest of the recipes you can visit here.
Day 11! Can you believe our 12 days of Foodie gifts is coming to a close!? These last two days combine recipes for more elaborate gifts, still perfect for anyone on your list!
This sugar cookie bar is a fun way to spend an evening with family or makes a great gift for anyone with kids! Or for those who are kids at heart. In short mason jars I put 4 cookies, another jar contains just over 1/4 cup of frosting and finally a small container of homemade sprinkles from the previous recipe. Complete with a ribbon and gift tag, this makes an adorable and festive gift!
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350* and spray cookie sheet with oil or line with parchment paper
- With an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Slowly add in flour, baking powder and salt
- Take about a tablespoon of cookie dough, roll into a loose ball and press flat onto cookie sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until just golden brown
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until fluffy
- Slowly add sugar, until combined
- Add vanilla
- Slowly add milk until desired consistency is reached. For cookies, I like it a bit thicker than normal
Make your gift extra special with a custom gift tin, I found this one on Etsy.
Or give Santa a surprise with cookies on this adorable custom plate!