Something about shrimp and cream sauce just feels fancy. I made this for a lunch date I had with a friend. This dish really felt special.
First for the cream sauce variation recipe. Do you remember the basic cream sauce recipe?
So for the Blood Orange Sauce Variation
Are you ready for how easy this is?
You squeeze the juice from half of a blood orange into 1/2 cup of the pre-made sauce. OMG, does life get any easier?!
Next we’ll work on dinner. Or lunch. Brunch. Breakfast. It’s good all times!
- ½ cup Blood Orange Cream Sauce
- Blackened Shrimp ~~
- 12 Large Medium Shrimp- peeled and cleaned
- Blackening Seasoning- ½ tsp each- Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Chili
- Powder, Salt and Pepper. Dash of Cayenne. Combine
- Mango Salsa ~~
- 1 Whole Mango or 1 Cup frozen Mango Chunks
- 1 slice of an onion- chopped finely
- 1 T White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 T Honey
- 1 T Dried Cilantro
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ tsp Salt and Pepper
- Prepare Blood Orange Cream Sauce by adding the juice of half of a blood orange to ½ cup prepared basic cream sauce.
- Finely chop Mangos and Onions. In a bowl combine mango, onions, vinegar, honey, cilantro, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes. Set aside
- Toss shrimp in blackening seasoning.
- Spray non stick pan with olive oil spray.
- On high heat place shrimp in pan. Cook approx 2-3 minutes on each side. Careful to only turn shrimp once to keep blackening seasoning from falling off.
- To make a complete meal, serve with ½ cup cooked quinoa.