Cranberry Orange Mimosa
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- handful fresh cranberries
- 2 bottles champagne
- Add OJ and cranberries to a sauce pan and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Juice will darken in color, thicken a bit and cranberries will burst
- Now you have 2 options- blend to puree, or mash with a fork. I mashed because I don't mind it a bit chunky
- Give a taste, cranberries can be really sour, so you may need to add a bit of sugar, stir in a tsp at a time, while it's still warm.
- If you're serving with sweeter champagne, like I did, you need less sugar.
- Spoon 1 Tbls of puree, top with 5 ounces of champagne
- Turn to your friend and cheers to all you're grateful for!