You know how you see something and it immediately transports you back to your childhood in like, a great way! One time, I saw this recipe
And I made it. It was sooooo good! Like, so good. It reminded me of when I was a kid and we used to go to this Mexican restaurant and they used to give you a tablespoon size scoop of something called Tomalito. And it’s one of those foods that lives in your heart. I remember bargaining with my mom to get her portion. And making sweet faces at my dad to get his. And well stealing my little sisters. Hey! That’s what little sisters are for, aren’t they? Well she steals my clothes!
So when I saw this recipe, I had to make it. And I did. And it was glorious. So this is where the story ends right? Yeah, not so much. One sad day, I did the calorie count on my new favorite recipe. 2884. Yup. 2884 for the whole batch. Now the recipe suggests 6 servings. Which is probably do able, you know, if you don’t LOVE it as much as I do. But say you stick with the 6 servings, that’s still 481 calories per serving. For. a. side. dish. Or midnight snack. Oops! Pass the gym membership because it’s going to take alllooottt to work that yumminess off.
Unless. You make this recipe. Where you still get to enjoy the yumminess, without, you know the 62 hours on the elliptical.
- 1 Cup Cornmeal
- 2 ½ cups Almond Milk (you can use regular milk, just adjust the calories accordingly)
- 1 Tbls. Butter
- 2 Tbls Light Cream Cheese
- 1 Tbls Honey
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- Add Cornmeal and Almond Milk to crock pot. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Until mixture is thick like cornbread batter. If over cooked and mixture is too thick, simply add a bit more almond milk
- Add in rest of ingredients, stir to combine.