I’m so cliche I always make the typical ones, lose weight, be more organized, actually clean my house (ha!) blah blah blah. Then by week 2 I’m eating pizza and dropping crumbs on the couch that I have no intention of cleaning. That’s a slight exaggeration. Very slight. I feel like I need to be more creative/practical/realistic with my resolutions. One year I swore off cussing (you see what I did there? swore) and that lasted all of 26 minutes, if that long. So the moral of the story, I am zero good at resolutions. I am however excellent at making lofty New Year’s eve/random Sunday evening goals for working out everyday I swear it, or never eating sugar again really this time. It’s just the keeping them past January Two or Monday at 10am that I’m pretty much useless at. So this year, I decided, why set myself up for disappointment? No resolutions! Which in true form last all of 26 hours, before I was vowing, no, I really do need to lose weight this year, oh and clean my house. sigh.
Ok onto the food. This still is a food blog, yes? Chili. First off, prepare, I hate beans, so you won’t find a single one in this recipe. Which if you’re from Texas, I hear that’s the way you do it anyways. Yay Texas! If you’re from anywhere else, or like beans, feel free to add them to your hearts content. bleh
This recipe also happens to use my favorite piece of kitchen cookery on the planet, the almighty crockity crock pot. Yay for easy! I made this recipe the night before, those of you that follow me on the Gram may have seen, and then I just popped it into the crockpot in the am, turned the dial to low, and it was off to work I go. Hi ho hi ho.
Speaking of Instagram, if you do follow me there, which if you like far too many pictures of my dogs, you should. I need to apologize for the complete overgramming of my sister’s new puppy. You guys, I’m obsessed! And if you have never heard of Instagram before (hi dad!) or aren’t completely sick of every different angle of adorable little Piper and her #earsfordays, here’s another gem for you!
- 1 16oz package extra lean ground beef- 96/4 ratio
- 2 Chicken Sausages- I like the roasted garlic from Trader Joe's
- 1 Sweet Potato- diced
- ½ red bell pepper- chopped
- ½ onion- chopped
- 1 large (28oz) can crushed tomatoes- I like the kind that's seasoned for some extra flavor
- 1 (14-16oz) can beef or chicken stock
- 1 Tbls Worcestershire
- 1 tsp each, Garlic powder, Onion powder, Cumin, Chili powder, Salt, Pepper
- Peel casing from sausage and crumble or finely dice sausage
- Dice and chop sweet potato, pepper, and onion
- Add all ingredients to crock potand stir
- Let cook on low for 6+ hours. I went to work so it was probably 9 ish