This recipe is part of the Foodie’s Diet 1800 calorie whole day Thanksgiving plan! You can find the menus for the appetizer and drinks, dinner and desserts menu! And more about the 1800 calories plan here and here.
Ok, this recipe may be the easiest recipe ever. And it seems so fancy, people will rave! This recipe is actually for my husband, who’s favorite food in the world is buffalo wings. But I just can’t put buffalo wings out as an appetizer for anything other than game day. I mean don’t get me wrong, they’re delicious, but for me, they’re just so messy and sloppy and you have the bones to deal with. No. Just no. So this recipe is inspired by the buffalo wings my husband craves and always asks for.
- 24-30 phyllo cups- they come frozen in boxes of usually 12-15- thawed
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ¼ cup 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 packet ranch dressing seasoning
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- Olive oil spray
- In a bowl combine bread crumbs and ranch dressing seasoning.
- Spread out onto a baking sheet and spray generously with olive, bake for 10 minutes at 375* to crisp
- In a bowl combine buffalo sauce and greek yogurt, set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and saute in a pan over medium flame until cooked.
- Once cooked, chop chicken into very small pieces
- Add cooked chicken to sauce mixture, toss to coat completely
- Spoon mixture into phyllo cups
- Top with a sprinkling of bread crumbs
Ok, FULL disclosure, I usually make this recipe with phyllo cups. Buutttt, my store was out. Ugh. So I improvised, I bought pre-made pie dough sheets, cut them into 2 inch square pieces and baked them in a mini muffin tin for 10 minutes. Now, I think this recipe would also be perfect if you just baked the pie dough in flat sort of 2 inch square chips, if you don’t have a mini muffin pan. But I had my heart set on “cups” Either way, you’re going to have a delicious recipe! If you can find them, a lot of grocery store also have mini tart shells, which would be yummy as well. So basically, anything you can think of for this recipe works great! Have fun!