This dessert, is practically breakfast. It’s got oatmeal and apples and berries. That’s totally breakfast!
Well speak for yourself! And if you add frozen yogurt to it, how is that not breakfast, oatmeal, apples and yogurt! Ummm, wake me up to this meal anytime! In any case, it’s AT LEAST a healthy dessert!
Did I mention this dish also has coconut oil? Have you guys heard of all the benefits of coconut oil, it’s all the rage these days. You can read more here, here and here. Who knows really, but I figured it couldn’t hurt!
On to more important topics, why is it when you mix sugar, cinnamon and apples and get it all warm and cozy it makes me want to ditch work, curl up with a big bowl of it at 10am 8pm in my sweatpants and watch reality TV. Did I say that? I don’t watch the Kardashian’s, I swear. I meant a documentary on important global issues. Totally.
Just eat this crumble. Immediately. And you’ll see what i’m talking about.
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 Cup Berries (any type work!)
- 1 ½ Cups Rolled Oats
- ⅓ Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- ⅓ Brown Sugar
- ⅓ White Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Put oats in coffee grinder or food processor. Pulse until very fine like flour
- In a bowl, mix processed oats, sugars, coconut oil, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Mix together with a fork until it looks like wet sand. Set aside.
- Slice apples into thin slices or chop into small half inch cubes, whichever you prefer.
- Toss berries with apples and place in a baking dish.
- Top with Oat/Sugar mixture
- Bake at 375* for approx 40 minutes until top is golden brown and bubbly.