Until recent years, breakfast has never been my thing. I used to be a cup of coffee and out the door kind of girl. But all the advice from all the people (whoever they are) says you should eat breakfast. The problem, I’m still an out the door kind of girl! Insert THIS breakfast burrito. Done in 5 minutes. 215 calories. Mobile breakfast. And now, I’m a breakfast girl!
Let’s talk components of a healthy breakfast. Protein is a must. This burrito has a whooping 23 grams! That’s huge when you consider the average bowl of cereal has 2-3. And frankly, this recipe takes just a minute longer than pouring yourself that bowl of cereal. And guaranteed you’ll be hungry at least 3 hours later than that bowl of cereal makes you. This recipe uses egg substitute, which I know some people disagree on. If you’re not a fan, go ahead and use one whole egg, just mix it in a bowl before topping the wrap. One regular egg will add you another 40 calories. We are also using center cut bacon. For those of you not familiar, center cut bacon, is well awesome. Seriously, put away the turkey bacon! That stuff is gross! You can not even tell me you like it! Unless you’re my sister and don’t eat red meat or pork products, then I’ll let you slide. I don’t let her slide, but I’ll let you slide. Sibling love and all that. Back to the bacon. Check out the stats-
So not only is center cut bacon almost half the calories of regular AND turkey, it tastes almost the exact same as regular! The only difference is, it’s the center, leaner part of the belly, so it has a bit less fat running through it, which greatly reduces the calorie stats.
- Coffee. Always #1Or cream with a side of coffee, but those are details
- Ok where were we? Right, food. Gather your ingredients. (I made one of these for the hubs as well, hence the 3 slices of bacon, he had 2) For this recipe I assume you have already cooked the bacon, if you have not done so, cook up one slice of bacon, you can use the same pan, just wipe it out when you’re finished. I personally cook up a full thing of bacon at a time, usually Saturday morning, and keep it in a sealed bag in the fridge, then I just have to warm it up for this wrap.
- Put a pan on high heat, let sit and get hot for about 60 seconds. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place wrap in pan, let sit for about 10 seconds so the wrap can get nice and hot. You need a hot pan and a hot wrap before you add the eggs so they start cooking right away!
- Add egg substitute
- Turn heat down to medium high, about a #7. Put a lid on your pan (a cookie sheet works if you don’t have a lid)
- Let cook about 2-3 minutes until eggs are cooked through. They’ll be solid and much lighter in color. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay cheese stick and 1 slice of bacon on top, roll to wrap
- 1 slice Center Cut Bacon- cooked
- 1 Flatout Light Original Flatbread
- ¼ cup Egg substitute
- 1 Reduced fat cheese stick
- Cooking spray
- Put a pan on high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place wrap in pan, let sit for about 10 seconds so wrap can get nice and hot. breakfast burrito
- Add egg substitute
- Turn heat down to medium high, about a #7. Put a lid on your pan (a cookie sheet works if you don't have a lid)
- Let cook about 2-3 minutes until eggs are cooked through. They'll be solid and much lighter in color. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Assemble ingredients and roll to wrap
How easy was that? No go, get on with your day! See you later!
Do you love breakfast, or do you have to force it a bit like me?